St Columba was opened in 1909 to cater mainly for the needs of visitors to the large country estates in the area, and for many years was only open from June to September. It was built in 1909 for just £189. It is a structure of corrugated iron and wood, which was relocated from Tain. The font is one of two holy water stoups which came from the old Catholic Apostolic Church in Glasgow. St Columba’s is a quiet space in a quiet village. It is an opportunity for quiet reflection and simplicity.
The church is currently closed following a major refurbishment and should open again in th autumn of 2019.
Nearby services are available in Dornoch, Lairg and Tain (https://episcopaldornochtain.org).